Do You Trust Your Auto Repair Shop?
When choosing an auto repair shop to take care of your vehicles do you just go to the corner garage? Use the following guidelines to determine if the shop is right for you and to find trusted auto repair Puyallup.
- Ask friends and family to recommend a shop and then do your own research.
- They have highly trained and skilled technicians (mechanics) that can diagnose and repair your vehicle. Look for certifications for taking classes, especially ASE (Automotive Service Excellence). These certifications make them automotive experts.
- Ask what brands of parts they use. Parts should be equal to or better than the original equipment/parts that came with your vehicle.
- The service area, where the cars are worked on, should be clean and neat. The technician should use floor mats & gloves when operating you vehicle to avoid getting grease inside.
- The customer waiting area should be safe and clean too.
- A written estimate for repairs, which will cost more than $100, should be given to you to sign and authorize the repairs. Any additional repairs not on the estimate, you should be contacted to get approval to continue.
- Beware of the Cheapest Estimate – Just because the shop has a lower, advertised price doesn’t mean you are getting the best quality repair, parts and service. By doing some research, you can avoid the auto repair shop that may not have your best interest at heart.
(Did you know that Kern’s Complete Automotive Care meets all of these points? Give us a call today to see for yourself! 253.538.1441)
Save Your Engine (& Your Money). Maintain Your Cooling System
Having your cooling system serviced can save you money in expensive engine repair. Often, engine damage has already occurred by the time the engine light comes on. Most hoses have an average life of 3 to 4 years, so have them checked every three years.
If you're looking for trusted auto repair Puyallup to help with your cooling system, give Kerns a call!
Maintenance Before Breakdowns
There are thousands of parts and pieces that make up a vehicle. All of these parts are wearing against each other as the vehicle is being used. These wearing parts will eventually fail, regardless of the make and model of the vehicle.
Regular preventative maintenance by an experienced technician includes adjustments, repairs or replacement of various necessary components and/or fluids to restore the proper performance and extend the life of a vehicle. Servicing or replacing these components and parts, that are nearing the end of their useful life, should be done on a regular basis. A well designed maintenance plan will prevent component failure and minimize the risk of an unexpected breakdown or damage to other components and the occupants of the vehicle.
At Kern’s Complete Automotive Care you get upfront honest pricing with quality parts and a 3 Year/36,000 Mile Warranty.