The New Tune-Up
Keeping your vehicle’s engine running well delivers the best balance of power and fuel economy.
A maintenance tune-up allows your engine to work in sync with the rest of your vehicle’s power-train. It also restores your vehicle to its normal operating state, & contributes to the overall efficiency of the engine and emission system.
- The spark plug replacement interval is determined by the manufacturers recommendation and type of plug your vehicle uses. Typical replacement mileage is between 30,000 & 100,000 miles.
- Many ignition system parts and/or emission system parts may need to be replaced at the same time due to age and mileage. Often the parts that need to be replaced have to be removed to gain access to the spark plugs and can be replaced with out additional labor charge.
- The fuel filter and air filters may need to be replaced at this time.
- when the tune-up parts are replaced, we test to make sure the on-board computer control system is working properly.
- induction cleaning and fuel system service may need to be included at this time for best resulting fuel savings.